Currently munching on some baked sweet potato fries. They are soo good and super easy to make. Only need 4 ingredients- avocado oil, 2 sweet potatoes, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper. I like using avocado oil for this recipe because it has a high smoke point for cooking and a neutral taste. The smoke point is when an oil is heated to the point that it begins to “smoke” and releases toxic fumes and harmful free radicals. Olive oil is better suited for topping on salads and avocado oil is a great option for cooking at higher temperatures. See recipe details below:
Ingredients for sweet potato fries:
2 Sweet potatoes
Himalayan sea salt
Ground black pepper
Ingredients for guacamole:
1 ripe avocado
1 clove of garlic (minced)
Small slice of white onion (diced)
~ 10 pieces of cilantro
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 deg
- Peel the skin off the both sweet potatoes.
- Microwave each sweet potato for 1 minute to slightly soften. You do not want the sweet potatoes to be too soft or they will be hard to cut and maintain shape.
- Cut sweet potatoes into fries.
- Add avocado oil to grease the bottom of the baking dish. (I like to use glass baking dishes because they are safer to use vs. nonstick, which releases chemicals when heated.)
- Add sweet potato fries to pan and coat with salt and pepper.
- Put the sweet potato fries in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the fries from the oven and flip them.
- Make the guacamole- place all ingredient in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- After 20-25 minutes, remove the sweet potato fries from the oven.
- Allow to cool and enjoy with the guacamole!