3/4 cup green lentils (dried)
1/2 white onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (unsalted)
handful of fresh parsley
Himalayan sea salt
1. Put lentils in a pot of boiling water cook per instructions on packaging. Once cooked, place lentils in strainer and allow to cool.
2. Cut onion and carrot- I like to cut the carrot into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Sautee in a frying pan with avocado oil, Himalayan sea salt, and ground pepper until soft. Add garlic and allow to cook for about 30 seconds. Place pan aside to cool.
3. Set oven to 400 deg.
4. Once cooled, place lentils, onion, carrots, and garlic into blender or food processor. Add a handful of fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons of avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Depending on the dryness of the lentils, you may need to add a few tablespoons of water to help blend. Add pumpkin seeds and pulse to chop and mix the seeds, but not fully blend.
5. Coat a baking dish with avocado oil.
6. Form the mixture into balls and place on baking dish.
7. Place baking dish in the oven and bake for 30-40mins depending on the size of the lentil meatballs.
8. Using a spirilizer, cut the zucchini into zoodles.
9. Place the zoodles in a frying pan and cook with marinara sauce.
10. Plate the zoodles and top lentil meatballs and additional marinara sauce. Top with nutritional yeast and fresh basil