Starting off Friday morning with this tart beet berry smoothie bowl on my couch in nyc. I’m obsessed with the color of this smoothie and the tart beet berry combo is one of my favs. Super excited to go see a functional medicine doctor for a routine visit (said no one ever, right?!) I think functional medicine is so interesting even tho I have zero medical background (I am an engineer by degree). I’ve been waiting for this visit for months so hopefully it’s worth the excitement. Happy Friday!
1/4 cup frozen berries (blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries)
1/2 cup frozen beets
2 fresh medoolan dates
1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
1 frozen banana
1 lime juiced
coconut water to get the right texture
toppings- i used honeybee pollen and coconut flakes
Blend until smooth and top with toppings!
My Monday morning at the airport is looking pretty good with this banana bread for breakfast 🍌🍞🍌🍞🍌🍞🍌🍞It is gluten free, dairy free, added sugar free and I am absolutely loving it. I was never really into baking but didn’t want to toss my overripe bananas last night before I flew out this morning so repurposed them to make banana bread. They are great to have as something sweet and i also love bringing it to the airport with me as a sweet, healthy breakfast.
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup tiger nut flour
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 scoop collagen peptides
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg.
2. Set a baking dish aside.
3. In a bowl, mix the tiger nut flour, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, collagen peptides, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. In a blender, add bananas, dates, and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
5. Place contents from the blender into the bowl. Add 1 egg to the bowl and throughly mix.
6. Add a piece of parchment paper to the baking dish. You may want to grease the parchment paper lightly with coconut oil so that the bread doesn’t stick to the parchment paper. Place contents from bowl into the baking dish.
7. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes depending on the thickness of the bread.
8. Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool and harden for approximately 20 minutes.