Starting off Monday with my go-to smoothie! I post this smoothie ALOT on my Instagram @wellbymel_ and that’s because it’s so damn easy, delicious, and all of the ingredients are super easy to have on hand. This is key for me because I travel so often, I always keep certain staples in my freezer and pantry so I don’t need to run to the grocery store the second I get home or get food delivered. This smoothie is low sugar and full of healthy fats to keep you full longer. I love it because I literally won’t even think about food for hours after I have this smoothie which I need esp on busy days. Here’s the recipe:
1/4 cup blueberries
3/4 cup riced cauliflower
1.5 scoop collagen peptides
1 scoop sunflower butter
2 spoonfuls cacao powder
2 tsp monkfruit sweetener
almond milk to get the right consistency
Optional toppings: cacao nibs and hemp seeds
Blend until smooth, too with toppings, and enjoy!
Back in NYC! 🤸🏻♀️
First move post red eye flight back is making a green smoothie bowl. After 3 weeks of straight travel, I’m so glad I came home to a freezer full of organic produce and my first move wasn’t running out to Whole Foods. This smoothie is mostly veggie based, but made with cacao powder and topped with cacao nibs to taste like a treat. I also topped it with sunflower butter vs. almond butter. I’ve been experimenting with sunflower butter this week and am a huge fan. Now have to run and get all of my errands complete and pack over the next couple of days before I fly out, this time for vacation! ✈️
1/4 cup frozen blueberries and blackberries
1/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
3/4 cup frozen spinach
1 spoonful cacao powder
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
almond milk to get the right consistency
Top with superfoods- I used cacao nibs, sunflower butter, goji berries, and shredded coconut
Chicken thighs with summer squash, red onion, sautéed spinach, and avocados slices. Sautéed the summer squash with red onion and spinach in oil and garlic, because I’m a firm believer that you can sautée almost any vegetable in garlic and oil and it’s awesome 💁♀️
Anyone else on this one? 😬
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 summer squash
1/16 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 bag spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut summer squash and zucchini into slices. Cut the slices into halves or fourths. Place the zucchini in a baking dish (I use glass because it avoids the harmful interactions of nonstick baking sheets).
2. Cut red onion and place on baking dish. Mince 1 clone of garlic and mix with vegetables.
3. Place 2 chicken thighs in the baking dish on top of the vegetables. This will allow the veggies to cook in the natural oils from the chicken- no need for added oils. Season chicken and veggies with salt and pepper.
4. Bake on 400 degs for 35-45mins, depending on the size of the chicken thighs. Check the chicken periodically to avoid over cooking.
5. While this is baking, sautéed spinach with avocado oil and 1 clove of garlic in a frying pan.
6. Cut 1/4 avocado into slices.
7. Plate the chicken, vegetables, spinach, and avocado.
Smoothie bowl kind of morning. This thick, chocolatey smoothie bowl is actually mostly made of veggies 🌱
1/4 cup Frozen riced cauliflower
1 frozen zucchini (steamed then frozen),
1/4 cup Frozen raspberries
1-2 scoops Almond butter
1 scoop Chocolate protein powder
Coconut milk to get the right consistency
Topped with hazelnuts and coconut flakes
PB Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding 🥜🍫🍌!
Makes the perfect breakfast or snack. Full of healthy fats to keep you full longer. So simple to make.
3 tablespoons chia seeds
Cacao nibs to top
All natural peanut butter
1. Add chia seeds to a bowl. Add a spoonful of cacao powder to chia seeds. Add almond milk to cover. Place bowl in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Remove chia bowl from the fridge. If not all of the chia seeds have absorbed the almond milk, add additional almond milk to the mixture. Add a splash of cinnamon and maple syrup. Stir the mixture and place back in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Slice a banana and place banana slices over the chia pudding. Top with peanut butter and cacao nibs.