Starting off Friday morning with this tart beet berry smoothie bowl on my couch in nyc. I’m obsessed with the color of this smoothie and the tart beet berry combo is one of my favs. Super excited to go see a functional medicine doctor for a routine visit (said no one ever, right?!) I think functional medicine is so interesting even tho I have zero medical background (I am an engineer by degree). I’ve been waiting for this visit for months so hopefully it’s worth the excitement. Happy Friday!
1/4 cup frozen berries (blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries)
1/2 cup frozen beets
2 fresh medoolan dates
1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
1 frozen banana
1 lime juiced
coconut water to get the right texture
toppings- i used honeybee pollen and coconut flakes
Blend until smooth and top with toppings!
My Monday morning at the airport is looking pretty good with this banana bread for breakfast 🍌🍞🍌🍞🍌🍞🍌🍞It is gluten free, dairy free, added sugar free and I am absolutely loving it. I was never really into baking but didn’t want to toss my overripe bananas last night before I flew out this morning so repurposed them to make banana bread. They are great to have as something sweet and i also love bringing it to the airport with me as a sweet, healthy breakfast.
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup tiger nut flour
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 scoop collagen peptides
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg.
2. Set a baking dish aside.
3. In a bowl, mix the tiger nut flour, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, collagen peptides, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. In a blender, add bananas, dates, and almond milk. Blend until smooth.
5. Place contents from the blender into the bowl. Add 1 egg to the bowl and throughly mix.
6. Add a piece of parchment paper to the baking dish. You may want to grease the parchment paper lightly with coconut oil so that the bread doesn’t stick to the parchment paper. Place contents from bowl into the baking dish.
7. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for approximately 50 minutes depending on the thickness of the bread.
8. Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool and harden for approximately 20 minutes.
Gluten- free, dairy-free cauliflower pizza that actually stays together? I got youu.
3/4 cup tiger nut flour
1 package of frozen riced cauliflower
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 scoop of collagen peptides
To make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 400 deg.
- Coat a baking dish (I used a glass baking dish) with coconut oil allow to heat up in the oven. Remove the baking dish and make sure the coconut oil is coating the dish evenly to create a nonstick surface.
- In a microwave safe dish, heat the frozen riced cauliflower in the microwave for about 5 minutes or until fully thawed. Place off to the side to cool.
- Once cooled, add the riced cauliflower, as well as the tiger nut flour, garlic, eggs, salt, avocado oil, and collagen peptides to blender. Blend until fully mixed.
- Spread the mixture evenly across the baking sheet and place in oven.
- Cook this for 20-30 minutes depending on the thickness of the crust.
- Remove from the oven and allow the crust to cool and harden for about 20 minutes.
To make the toppings:
- Cut the fennel and sautee in a pan with avocado oil, salt, and pepper until the fennel has softened.
- Top the pizza with arugula, fig slices, and sauteed fennel.
- In a pan, heat up balsamic vinegar and maple syrup on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Turn off heat and allow the cool. The mixture will form a syrup. Spread syrup across pizza crust.
Made my favorite green pineapple banana smoothie this morning! 🍍🍌
I haven’t made this smoothie in a long time because of the recent hype over sugar. I’ve been avoiding high sugar fruits, including bananas and pineapples. While I agree that we are eating way too much sugar and need to cut down on sugar, particularly refined sugar, I think that eliminating it completely would also eliminate some of the joys in what you eat. Instead, I’m focusing on increasing my awareness of added sugars to meals. Furthermore, eliminating high sugar fruits also means missing out on their great health benefits. Pineapples are hydrating, which is important for summer, are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, contain fiber, and have anti-inflammatory effects. And they are soooo good!
I feel great great when I have this smoothie. I’m a firm believer in listen to your body, not to trends.
1 cup frozen spinach
2 frozen bananas
3/4 cup frozen pineapple
1 scoop of Artisana Organics almond butter
1 scoop of wheatgrass powder
The Harmless Coconut coconut water to get the right consistency
Goji berries to top
Threw together the leftovers from my kitchen and came out with these carrot cake muffins! They are vegan, gluten free, have no added sugar and are awesome! Definitely going to try making these before my next flight ✈️ to pack as breakfast. They were too easy to make.
I use a bamboo cutting board from Thrve Market to prep my veggies because plastics interacting with your food is a thing!
1 cup gf oats
1 ripe banana
1 medium carrot peeled
3 scoops of coconut oil
handful of walnuts
Sprinkle of ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon to taste
Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Distribute blended mix into a cupcake baking pan. Bake for 15-20 mins at 300 degrees.
Avocados for breakfast. Avocados for lunch. Avocados for dinner. I loveeee avocados. Got a chance to stop by the Union Square Green Market yesterday and pick up some farm fresh eggs which are sooo good. It’s crazy the difference you can taste in eggs depending on where you buy them. This morning’s breakfast bowl was very easy to make:
2 eggs (from the farmers market, they are seriously so much better!)
1 sweet potato cut into cubes (used the leftover sweet potatoes I had from my sweet potato fries yesterday)
Red pepper flakes
Guacamole ( see recipe from sweet potato fries and guacamole post)
- Preheat oven to 400 deg
- Add a few spoonfuls of avocado oil to a baking pan (I use a glass bake dish because no nasty toxins from non stick pans leak into your food!)
- Add cubed sweet potatoes on top of the oiled pan and sprinkle with Himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper, and place in oven for 25-30 mins. Make sure to watch your sweet potatoes because they will burn depending on how far apart they are spaced on the baking pan.
- Prepare guacamole and place off to the side.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and mix the sweet potatoes around. Place back in oven for 20 mins.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and add a few slices of chopped white onion.
- Place back in oven for 5-10 mins or until onion softens, but without burning the sweet potatoes.
- Cook 2 eggs sunny-side up.
- Plate the 2 eggs and sweet potato/onion combo. Add guacamole to plate. Top with red pepper flakes and cilantro and enjoy!
Currently munching on some baked sweet potato fries. They are soo good and super easy to make. Only need 4 ingredients- avocado oil, 2 sweet potatoes, Himalayan sea salt, and black pepper. I like using avocado oil for this recipe because it has a high smoke point for cooking and a neutral taste. The smoke point is when an oil is heated to the point that it begins to “smoke” and releases toxic fumes and harmful free radicals. Olive oil is better suited for topping on salads and avocado oil is a great option for cooking at higher temperatures. See recipe details below:
Ingredients for sweet potato fries:
2 Sweet potatoes
Himalayan sea salt
Ground black pepper
Ingredients for guacamole:
1 ripe avocado
1 clove of garlic (minced)
Small slice of white onion (diced)
~ 10 pieces of cilantro
Juice of 1/2 lime
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 deg
- Peel the skin off the both sweet potatoes.
- Microwave each sweet potato for 1 minute to slightly soften. You do not want the sweet potatoes to be too soft or they will be hard to cut and maintain shape.
- Cut sweet potatoes into fries.
- Add avocado oil to grease the bottom of the baking dish. (I like to use glass baking dishes because they are safer to use vs. nonstick, which releases chemicals when heated.)
- Add sweet potato fries to pan and coat with salt and pepper.
- Put the sweet potato fries in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the fries from the oven and flip them.
- Make the guacamole- place all ingredient in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- After 20-25 minutes, remove the sweet potato fries from the oven.
- Allow to cool and enjoy with the guacamole!