Chicken thighs with summer squash, red onion, sautéed spinach, and avocados slices. Sautéed the summer squash with red onion and spinach in oil and garlic, because I’m a firm believer that you can sautée almost any vegetable in garlic and oil and it’s awesome 💁♀️
Anyone else on this one? 😬
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 summer squash
1/16 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 bag spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut summer squash and zucchini into slices. Cut the slices into halves or fourths. Place the zucchini in a baking dish (I use glass because it avoids the harmful interactions of nonstick baking sheets).
2. Cut red onion and place on baking dish. Mince 1 clone of garlic and mix with vegetables.
3. Place 2 chicken thighs in the baking dish on top of the vegetables. This will allow the veggies to cook in the natural oils from the chicken- no need for added oils. Season chicken and veggies with salt and pepper.
4. Bake on 400 degs for 35-45mins, depending on the size of the chicken thighs. Check the chicken periodically to avoid over cooking.
5. While this is baking, sautéed spinach with avocado oil and 1 clove of garlic in a frying pan.
6. Cut 1/4 avocado into slices.
7. Plate the chicken, vegetables, spinach, and avocado.
Smoothie bowl kind of morning. This thick, chocolatey smoothie bowl is actually mostly made of veggies 🌱
1/4 cup Frozen riced cauliflower
1 frozen zucchini (steamed then frozen),
1/4 cup Frozen raspberries
1-2 scoops Almond butter
1 scoop Chocolate protein powder
Coconut milk to get the right consistency
Topped with hazelnuts and coconut flakes
PB Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding 🥜🍫🍌!
Makes the perfect breakfast or snack. Full of healthy fats to keep you full longer. So simple to make.
3 tablespoons chia seeds
Cacao nibs to top
All natural peanut butter
1. Add chia seeds to a bowl. Add a spoonful of cacao powder to chia seeds. Add almond milk to cover. Place bowl in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Remove chia bowl from the fridge. If not all of the chia seeds have absorbed the almond milk, add additional almond milk to the mixture. Add a splash of cinnamon and maple syrup. Stir the mixture and place back in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Slice a banana and place banana slices over the chia pudding. Top with peanut butter and cacao nibs.
Crunchy banana bread muffins topped with peanut butter 😋🍌🥜
Packed these with me on my flight to Seattle earlier this week and they made the 6 hour coast to coast flight a whole lot better.
2.5 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup almond milk
3 spoonfuls of coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup walnuts
Optional: All natural peanut butter to top
1. Blend all of the ingredients together except for the walnuts.
2. Add walnuts to blender and lightly pulse mixture to mix the walnuts without blending them completely into the mixture. You want to keep the walnuts in nut form just lightly pulse them until they are smaller pieces.
3. Place batter in muffin baking sheet. Bake on 400 deg for 25- 28 minutes.
4. Optional: Allow to cool and top with peanut butter
WANT this dripping frozen chocolate banana smoothie that tricks me into thinking I’m drinking a milkshake 🍫🍌
So easy to make and soo good!
2 frozen bananas- frozen bananas taste like ice cream and make your smoothie thick and creamy. Adding ice to your smoothie often doesn’t mix as well and makes it watery- highly recommend using frozen bananas!
1 scoop cacao powder
Drop of maple syrup
Almond milk to get the right consistency
Optional: 1 scoop of almond butter or peanut butter
Blend all ingredients except for cacao nibs. Place blended smoothie in a glass and top with cacao nibs. Enjoy!
The move this morning.
Oat flour pancakes with coconut milk whipped cream and topped with berries.
1.5 cups oat flour
1 cup almond milk
1 can of full fat coconut milk (must be canned)
Handful of berries to top
Dairy-free butter- I used Earth Balance Soy-Free
- Make sure to get full-fat canned coconut milk otherwise the coconut milk cream will not work. Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- In a bowl, mix oat flour and almond milk. I like to add a drop of maple syrup and cinnamon to my batter.
- Heat up a scoop of dairy-free butter on a pan to create a nonstick surface.
- Spoon 1/3 of the batter into the pan and cook and cook pancake. Repeat 2x or until all of the batter is used.
- Place the oat flour pancakes on a plate.
- Open the can of full fat coconut milk. Scoop the solid cream on top of the can onto the plate (Note: only the top of the can will be a solid).
- Top with a handful of berries and maple syrup.
Made this paella using riced cauliflower instead of rice and it’s real good. You can even get that “sticking to the pan” effect of normal paella, you just have to let it sit a little longer.
I have a smaller paella pan so the ingredients are proportional to my pan size, if you have a bigger pan, the portion size may very.
1 package frozen cauliflower
1/2 sweet onion
1 red bell pepper
6 -10 cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup frozen peas
2 cloves garlic
4 Chicken Thighs
2 Pieces of Chorizo
- Allow the frozen cauliflower to sit out until it is thawed. First, you need to “rice” the cauliflower. You can buy frozen riced cauliflower; however, today I didn’t see it at the store and had to rice it myself. Place the thawed cauliflower in a blender. Press the blend button and immediately let go several times until the cauliflower looks like rice. You do not want to hold the blend or it’ll turn the cauliflower into a mush.
- Cut the chorizo into slices. Cut the plum tomatoes into halves or quarters.
- Add avocado oil to the paella pan and spread across the pan to create a non-stick surface.
- Add the 4 chicken thighs to the pan. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. You do not want to completely cook the chicken thighs, only partially cook and allow the juices to seep into the pan. Remove the chicken thighs and set aside.
- Add the cut up onion and red bell pepper to the pan. Saute in the oil until the red bell pepper starts to soften and the onion turns slightly brown, approximately 7 minutes. Add paprika and salt and pepper to taste. After cooking the onion and pepper for about 5 minutes, add the cut chorizo pieces to the pan. While this is cooking, cut the chicken thighs into cubes.
- Add the 2 chopped cloves of garlic to the pan and add additional avocado oil if necessary to allow to garlic to cook. Allow the garlic to simmer for about 30 seconds and then mix in with other ingredients.
- Add the cut tomatoes, peas, cubed chicken thighs, and rices cauliflower to the pan. Add approximately 1.5 cups of water to the pan. The cauliflower will release some water so you do not want to add as much water as when cooking rice paella. Add saffron to the pan. Turn the pan on high and allow to cook until all of the water has evaporated (approximately 20-30 mins).
- Once all of the water evaporated, I allowed my paella to cook a little longer to allow it to cook and stick to the pan. Allow the paella to cool slightly and top with parsley.