Mint chocolate chip smoothie bowl to start off Sunday! This literally tastes like I’m eating a bowl of ice cream and I’m obsessed with this combo 🙌🏻
1.5 frozen bananas
2 medoolan dates
1 can of full fat coconut milk- only use the liquid part, not the cream
2 spoonfuls of cacao powder
Handful of mint leaves
Optional: 1/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- Let the canned coconut milk sit in the refrigerator overnight. Then scoop out the coconut cream from the top of the can and either discard or keep or later use (I had previously used the coconut cream in a previous recipe to make lemon coconut pies- will post soon!). Place the rest of the liquid coconut milk in the blender.
- Place the rest of the ingredients except the cacao nibs and hemp seeds into the blender. The riced cauliflower is optional, but I like to add it because it makes the smoothie more frozen and thicker.
- Blend ingredients and place in bowl. Top bowl with cacao nibs and hemp seeds.
Can’t put these lemon coconut pies down. They are raw, vegan, and so damn delicious. All you need is a blender to make.
3/4 cup almonds
1 cup medoolan dates
2 cans full fat coconut milk
Handful of coconut flakes
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil
- Place canned coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- To make the pie crust, place the almond and dates in a blender and blend until they stick together. How well they stick together depends on the softness of the dates. If they are not sticking together well add a couple tablespoons of coconut oil to the mixture and reblend.
- Scoop out the crust and distribute evenly into muffin baking sheet. Place the muffin baking sheet in the refrigerator.
- Clean out the blender and dry.
- To make the pie filling, scoop out the coconut cream from both cans of coconut milk into the blender. You can either discard or save the coconut milk left in the can. I personally like to save it to reuse in smoothies. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the blender and add coconut oil, maple syrup, and coconut flakes. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the muffin baking sheet from the refrigerator and add the pie filling on top of the crust. Place in the muffin baking sheet back in the refrigerator or freezer for about 15 minutes to allow to form into its shape. Enjoy!
Carrot cake smoothie bowl! I think this is my new favorite smoothie bowl. Had this for lunch today and I don’t even feel guilty about eating this “treat” because it’s primarily made of veggies, but still tastes sweet.
1 frozen banana
1 medium carrot
1/4-1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
almond milk to get the right consistency
handful of shredded coconut
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
spoonful of almond butter
optional: 2 fresh medoolan dates for added sweetness
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the outside of the carrot and discard.
- Peel the rest of the carrot using a vegetable peeler. This cuts the carrots into thin ribbons and helps the carrot blend in the smoothie better.
- Blend all ingredients accept for the almond butter.
- Place the smoothie in a bowl and top with a spoonful of almond butter and any other toppings.
Back in NYC! 🤸🏻♀️
First move post red eye flight back is making a green smoothie bowl. After 3 weeks of straight travel, I’m so glad I came home to a freezer full of organic produce and my first move wasn’t running out to Whole Foods. This smoothie is mostly veggie based, but made with cacao powder and topped with cacao nibs to taste like a treat. I also topped it with sunflower butter vs. almond butter. I’ve been experimenting with sunflower butter this week and am a huge fan. Now have to run and get all of my errands complete and pack over the next couple of days before I fly out, this time for vacation! ✈️
1/4 cup frozen blueberries and blackberries
1/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
3/4 cup frozen spinach
1 spoonful cacao powder
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
almond milk to get the right consistency
Top with superfoods- I used cacao nibs, sunflower butter, goji berries, and shredded coconut
I want these Turkey Burgers with avocado and sweet potato fries that I made the other weekend. This is the last week I’m Seattle for work and then I head back to NYC to end my 3 weeks of straight travel. I had so much fun traveling these past 2 weekends but am seriously ready to not live out of a suitcase and get back home- be in my own apartment and cook my own food.
… at for at least a couple of days until I pack up and leave again 💁♀️✈️
See recipe below!
Ground Turkey meat
1/2 red bell pepper
3 cloves garlic
1 large sweet potato
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outside of the large sweet potato.
3. Place sweet potato in microwave for 1-2 minutes to slightly soften so it is easier to cut. Cut sweet potato into fries.
4. Lightly coat a baking dish with avocado oil. Place fries on a baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for for about 20 minutes. Flip the fries and place back in the oven for another 20 minutes or until crispy.
5. Cut red pepper and onion into small pieces.
6. Place ground turkey in a bowl and add red pepper and onion. Add garlic to the bowl using a garlic press. Add 1/2 juice from the lime, a drop of avocado oil, salt pepper, paprika, chilli powder and cayenne pepper to the bowl. Mix the bowl to evenly distribute.
7. Roll turkey into burgers. Place burgers on a baking dish and place in the oven with for 30- 40 minuets depending on the size of the burgers.
8. Cut avocado into slices. Plate the turkey burger with avocado slices and sweet potato fries.
Chicken thighs with summer squash, red onion, sautéed spinach, and avocados slices. Sautéed the summer squash with red onion and spinach in oil and garlic, because I’m a firm believer that you can sautée almost any vegetable in garlic and oil and it’s awesome 💁♀️
Anyone else on this one? 😬
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 summer squash
1/16 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 bag spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut summer squash and zucchini into slices. Cut the slices into halves or fourths. Place the zucchini in a baking dish (I use glass because it avoids the harmful interactions of nonstick baking sheets).
2. Cut red onion and place on baking dish. Mince 1 clone of garlic and mix with vegetables.
3. Place 2 chicken thighs in the baking dish on top of the vegetables. This will allow the veggies to cook in the natural oils from the chicken- no need for added oils. Season chicken and veggies with salt and pepper.
4. Bake on 400 degs for 35-45mins, depending on the size of the chicken thighs. Check the chicken periodically to avoid over cooking.
5. While this is baking, sautéed spinach with avocado oil and 1 clove of garlic in a frying pan.
6. Cut 1/4 avocado into slices.
7. Plate the chicken, vegetables, spinach, and avocado.
Smoothie bowl kind of morning. This thick, chocolatey smoothie bowl is actually mostly made of veggies 🌱
1/4 cup Frozen riced cauliflower
1 frozen zucchini (steamed then frozen),
1/4 cup Frozen raspberries
1-2 scoops Almond butter
1 scoop Chocolate protein powder
Coconut milk to get the right consistency
Topped with hazelnuts and coconut flakes