Starting off Friday morning with this tart beet berry smoothie bowl on my couch in nyc. I’m obsessed with the color of this smoothie and the tart beet berry combo is one of my favs. Super excited to go see a functional medicine doctor for a routine visit (said no one ever, right?!) I think functional medicine is so interesting even tho I have zero medical background (I am an engineer by degree). I’ve been waiting for this visit for months so hopefully it’s worth the excitement. Happy Friday!
1/4 cup frozen berries (blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries)
1/2 cup frozen beets
2 fresh medoolan dates
1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
1 frozen banana
1 lime juiced
coconut water to get the right texture
toppings- i used honeybee pollen and coconut flakes
Blend until smooth and top with toppings!
Mint chocolate chip smoothie bowl to start off Sunday! This literally tastes like I’m eating a bowl of ice cream and I’m obsessed with this combo 🙌🏻
1.5 frozen bananas
2 medoolan dates
1 can of full fat coconut milk- only use the liquid part, not the cream
2 spoonfuls of cacao powder
Handful of mint leaves
Optional: 1/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- Let the canned coconut milk sit in the refrigerator overnight. Then scoop out the coconut cream from the top of the can and either discard or keep or later use (I had previously used the coconut cream in a previous recipe to make lemon coconut pies- will post soon!). Place the rest of the liquid coconut milk in the blender.
- Place the rest of the ingredients except the cacao nibs and hemp seeds into the blender. The riced cauliflower is optional, but I like to add it because it makes the smoothie more frozen and thicker.
- Blend ingredients and place in bowl. Top bowl with cacao nibs and hemp seeds.
Carrot cake smoothie bowl! I think this is my new favorite smoothie bowl. Had this for lunch today and I don’t even feel guilty about eating this “treat” because it’s primarily made of veggies, but still tastes sweet.
1 frozen banana
1 medium carrot
1/4-1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
almond milk to get the right consistency
handful of shredded coconut
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
spoonful of almond butter
optional: 2 fresh medoolan dates for added sweetness
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the outside of the carrot and discard.
- Peel the rest of the carrot using a vegetable peeler. This cuts the carrots into thin ribbons and helps the carrot blend in the smoothie better.
- Blend all ingredients accept for the almond butter.
- Place the smoothie in a bowl and top with a spoonful of almond butter and any other toppings.
3/4 cup green lentils (dried)
1/2 white onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (unsalted)
handful of fresh parsley
Himalayan sea salt
1. Put lentils in a pot of boiling water cook per instructions on packaging. Once cooked, place lentils in strainer and allow to cool.
2. Cut onion and carrot- I like to cut the carrot into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Sautee in a frying pan with avocado oil, Himalayan sea salt, and ground pepper until soft. Add garlic and allow to cook for about 30 seconds. Place pan aside to cool.
3. Set oven to 400 deg.
4. Once cooled, place lentils, onion, carrots, and garlic into blender or food processor. Add a handful of fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons of avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Depending on the dryness of the lentils, you may need to add a few tablespoons of water to help blend. Add pumpkin seeds and pulse to chop and mix the seeds, but not fully blend.
5. Coat a baking dish with avocado oil.
6. Form the mixture into balls and place on baking dish.
7. Place baking dish in the oven and bake for 30-40mins depending on the size of the lentil meatballs.
8. Using a spirilizer, cut the zucchini into zoodles.
9. Place the zoodles in a frying pan and cook with marinara sauce.
10. Plate the zoodles and top lentil meatballs and additional marinara sauce. Top with nutritional yeast and fresh basil
Back in NYC! 🤸🏻♀️
First move post red eye flight back is making a green smoothie bowl. After 3 weeks of straight travel, I’m so glad I came home to a freezer full of organic produce and my first move wasn’t running out to Whole Foods. This smoothie is mostly veggie based, but made with cacao powder and topped with cacao nibs to taste like a treat. I also topped it with sunflower butter vs. almond butter. I’ve been experimenting with sunflower butter this week and am a huge fan. Now have to run and get all of my errands complete and pack over the next couple of days before I fly out, this time for vacation! ✈️
1/4 cup frozen blueberries and blackberries
1/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
3/4 cup frozen spinach
1 spoonful cacao powder
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
almond milk to get the right consistency
Top with superfoods- I used cacao nibs, sunflower butter, goji berries, and shredded coconut
PB Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding 🥜🍫🍌!
Makes the perfect breakfast or snack. Full of healthy fats to keep you full longer. So simple to make.
3 tablespoons chia seeds
Cacao nibs to top
All natural peanut butter
1. Add chia seeds to a bowl. Add a spoonful of cacao powder to chia seeds. Add almond milk to cover. Place bowl in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. Remove chia bowl from the fridge. If not all of the chia seeds have absorbed the almond milk, add additional almond milk to the mixture. Add a splash of cinnamon and maple syrup. Stir the mixture and place back in the refrigerator overnight.
3. Slice a banana and place banana slices over the chia pudding. Top with peanut butter and cacao nibs.
Crunchy banana bread muffins topped with peanut butter 😋🍌🥜
Packed these with me on my flight to Seattle earlier this week and they made the 6 hour coast to coast flight a whole lot better.
2.5 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup almond milk
3 spoonfuls of coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup walnuts
Optional: All natural peanut butter to top
1. Blend all of the ingredients together except for the walnuts.
2. Add walnuts to blender and lightly pulse mixture to mix the walnuts without blending them completely into the mixture. You want to keep the walnuts in nut form just lightly pulse them until they are smaller pieces.
3. Place batter in muffin baking sheet. Bake on 400 deg for 25- 28 minutes.
4. Optional: Allow to cool and top with peanut butter