Starting off Friday morning with this tart beet berry smoothie bowl on my couch in nyc. I’m obsessed with the color of this smoothie and the tart beet berry combo is one of my favs. Super excited to go see a functional medicine doctor for a routine visit (said no one ever, right?!) I think functional medicine is so interesting even tho I have zero medical background (I am an engineer by degree). I’ve been waiting for this visit for months so hopefully it’s worth the excitement. Happy Friday!
1/4 cup frozen berries (blackberries, raspberries, or blueberries)
1/2 cup frozen beets
2 fresh medoolan dates
1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
1 frozen banana
1 lime juiced
coconut water to get the right texture
toppings- i used honeybee pollen and coconut flakes
Blend until smooth and top with toppings!
Mint chocolate chip smoothie bowl to start off Sunday! This literally tastes like I’m eating a bowl of ice cream and I’m obsessed with this combo 🙌🏻
1.5 frozen bananas
2 medoolan dates
1 can of full fat coconut milk- only use the liquid part, not the cream
2 spoonfuls of cacao powder
Handful of mint leaves
Optional: 1/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- Let the canned coconut milk sit in the refrigerator overnight. Then scoop out the coconut cream from the top of the can and either discard or keep or later use (I had previously used the coconut cream in a previous recipe to make lemon coconut pies- will post soon!). Place the rest of the liquid coconut milk in the blender.
- Place the rest of the ingredients except the cacao nibs and hemp seeds into the blender. The riced cauliflower is optional, but I like to add it because it makes the smoothie more frozen and thicker.
- Blend ingredients and place in bowl. Top bowl with cacao nibs and hemp seeds.
Carrot cake smoothie bowl! I think this is my new favorite smoothie bowl. Had this for lunch today and I don’t even feel guilty about eating this “treat” because it’s primarily made of veggies, but still tastes sweet.
1 frozen banana
1 medium carrot
1/4-1/2 cup frozen riced cauliflower
almond milk to get the right consistency
handful of shredded coconut
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
spoonful of almond butter
optional: 2 fresh medoolan dates for added sweetness
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove the outside of the carrot and discard.
- Peel the rest of the carrot using a vegetable peeler. This cuts the carrots into thin ribbons and helps the carrot blend in the smoothie better.
- Blend all ingredients accept for the almond butter.
- Place the smoothie in a bowl and top with a spoonful of almond butter and any other toppings.
3/4 cup green lentils (dried)
1/2 white onion
3 cloves garlic
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (unsalted)
handful of fresh parsley
Himalayan sea salt
1. Put lentils in a pot of boiling water cook per instructions on packaging. Once cooked, place lentils in strainer and allow to cool.
2. Cut onion and carrot- I like to cut the carrot into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Sautee in a frying pan with avocado oil, Himalayan sea salt, and ground pepper until soft. Add garlic and allow to cook for about 30 seconds. Place pan aside to cool.
3. Set oven to 400 deg.
4. Once cooled, place lentils, onion, carrots, and garlic into blender or food processor. Add a handful of fresh parsley, 2 tablespoons of avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Depending on the dryness of the lentils, you may need to add a few tablespoons of water to help blend. Add pumpkin seeds and pulse to chop and mix the seeds, but not fully blend.
5. Coat a baking dish with avocado oil.
6. Form the mixture into balls and place on baking dish.
7. Place baking dish in the oven and bake for 30-40mins depending on the size of the lentil meatballs.
8. Using a spirilizer, cut the zucchini into zoodles.
9. Place the zoodles in a frying pan and cook with marinara sauce.
10. Plate the zoodles and top lentil meatballs and additional marinara sauce. Top with nutritional yeast and fresh basil
Back in NYC! 🤸🏻♀️
First move post red eye flight back is making a green smoothie bowl. After 3 weeks of straight travel, I’m so glad I came home to a freezer full of organic produce and my first move wasn’t running out to Whole Foods. This smoothie is mostly veggie based, but made with cacao powder and topped with cacao nibs to taste like a treat. I also topped it with sunflower butter vs. almond butter. I’ve been experimenting with sunflower butter this week and am a huge fan. Now have to run and get all of my errands complete and pack over the next couple of days before I fly out, this time for vacation! ✈️
1/4 cup frozen blueberries and blackberries
1/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
3/4 cup frozen spinach
1 spoonful cacao powder
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
almond milk to get the right consistency
Top with superfoods- I used cacao nibs, sunflower butter, goji berries, and shredded coconut
Chicken thighs with summer squash, red onion, sautéed spinach, and avocados slices. Sautéed the summer squash with red onion and spinach in oil and garlic, because I’m a firm believer that you can sautée almost any vegetable in garlic and oil and it’s awesome 💁♀️
Anyone else on this one? 😬
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 summer squash
1/16 red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 bag spinach
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut summer squash and zucchini into slices. Cut the slices into halves or fourths. Place the zucchini in a baking dish (I use glass because it avoids the harmful interactions of nonstick baking sheets).
2. Cut red onion and place on baking dish. Mince 1 clone of garlic and mix with vegetables.
3. Place 2 chicken thighs in the baking dish on top of the vegetables. This will allow the veggies to cook in the natural oils from the chicken- no need for added oils. Season chicken and veggies with salt and pepper.
4. Bake on 400 degs for 35-45mins, depending on the size of the chicken thighs. Check the chicken periodically to avoid over cooking.
5. While this is baking, sautéed spinach with avocado oil and 1 clove of garlic in a frying pan.
6. Cut 1/4 avocado into slices.
7. Plate the chicken, vegetables, spinach, and avocado.
Smoothie bowl kind of morning. This thick, chocolatey smoothie bowl is actually mostly made of veggies 🌱
1/4 cup Frozen riced cauliflower
1 frozen zucchini (steamed then frozen),
1/4 cup Frozen raspberries
1-2 scoops Almond butter
1 scoop Chocolate protein powder
Coconut milk to get the right consistency
Topped with hazelnuts and coconut flakes